OHCA is now accepting applications for 2023 OHCA awards. Awards will be presented at the Dinner on Friday, September 15, 2023, at Holiday Inn Six Flags, in Eureka, MO, held in conjunction with the OHCA National Specialty & Companion Events at Purina Farms. If you receive an award but are not in attendance at the Dinner, you will be recognized at the Dinner and your award will be mailed to your address of record after the event. The online link to apply for an award is: https://form.jotform.com/231948309995170 . You may also apply for an award by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to email an application, please be sure to include all information necessary to confirm your eligibility for the award. This may include the list below or similar:
1) Name of Owner(s) (including the owner of record who is an OHCA member in good standing) 2) Otterhound’s Registered Name/AKC Registration No.
3) Titles Earned Along with Accompanying Dates Earned
4) Total Number of Lifetime Points Accumulated (if applicable)
5) Number of Points Accumulated in This Calendar Year (if applicable)
***DEADLINE: Applications must be received by the Secretary no later than August 15, 2023, to be considered for the 2023 Awards.***
There is a new HEALTH AWARD this year. An Otterhound is eligible for the Health Award if it has obtained a CHIC Number. However, an application must be submitted to be awarded.
Applications for consideration of these awards must be received by the OHCA Club Secretary by August 15, 2023.
1) At least one owner or co-owner must be a member of The Otterhound Club of America, Inc.
2) If the Otterhound is a dam, it must have produced five (5) AKC Champions. If the Otterhound is a sire, it must have produced eight (8) AKC Champions.
3) The Otterhound may be deceased or living. There are no time limitations.
4) Application must be made to the Secretary, or the person who the Club names, at least twenty one (21) days in advance of the awards meeting,
1) The sire must have fifteen (15) AKC Champions from at least three (3) different bitches.
2) The dam must have ten (10) AKC Champions from two (2) sires.
Points awarded for each offspring may only be awarded for one category in that year, so choose the higher, except for OFA
1) 10 points for each AKC Champion.
2) 10 points for each AKC Tracking Dog Excellent title or VST title.
3) 5 points for each AKC Tracking Dog title.
4) 5 points for each OFA hips number offspring (may include in addition to points for titles listed above).
To be eligible for the OTTERHOUND CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. Hall of Fame, your hound must have:
The purpose of these awards is to encourage people to get out and do things with their Otterhounds. All eligible Otterhounds must be owned or co-owned by a member in good standing in the Otterhound Club of America. These awards will be presented by the Otterhound Club of America as club recognition for AKC titles earned, and other organizations' sponsored events. Versatility Awards became effective September 2005. These changes will be effective January 1, 2014. All Rally and Conformation titles will count at the basic level only.
VO: Versatile Otterhound - Must have titles in two (2) different categories at the minimum level of CH, BN, TD, Novice level Agility, RN.
VOI: Versatile Otterhound Intermediate – Must have titles in two (2) different areas, and one is at the intermediate level (intermediate starts at the Open level Agility, CDX, TDX).
VOX: Versatile Otterhound Excellent - Must have titles in three (3) different categories with one (1) title at the intermediate level as specified in Versatile Otterhound Intermediate.
VOCH: Versatile Otterhound Champion - Must have titles in three (3) different categories with one (1) at the excellent level (excellent starts at the Excellent level Agility, UD, VST), and one (1) additional at the intermediate level (as specified in Versatile Otterhound Intermediate) in another category. An OTCH or CT or MACH or PACH are also considered excellent titles.
This trophy is in the memory of Ottertail’s Olivia UDX TDX and honors the Otterhound who is owned or co-owned by a member of good standing of the Otterhound Club of America who most exemplifies the overall working hound. The trophy will be awarded each year at the OHCA Annual Awards Banquet subsequent to the year earned. The honoree will get a commemoration trophy and the actual trophy will remain in the custody of the Otterhound Club of America. This trophy need not be awarded each year if there are no applicants that meet the criteria outlined below. Points chart can be found at link here.
Points chart can be found at link here.
If for some reason the first one or two legs toward a title were earned in the previous calendar year(s) the scores would be brought forward to be averaged in the calendar year the title was earned. In the case of UDX, the scores for the first ten qualifying shows will be averaged together for a mean final score, and the points will be awarded in the year of the tenth qualifying score.
An Otterhound who achieves CHIC certification through OFA. CHIC Health testing requirements are: