OHCA provides educational information to pet owners to help them obtain healthy dogs from member breeders.
OHCA is the parent Club to the American Kennel Club (AKC).
Membership in OHCA is for you:
- If you love Otterhounds.
- If you would like to meet others who share the same passion.
- If you are interested in promoting, preserving, and protecting the Otterhound.
- If you have skills and/or talents that could positively contribute to the aims of the club.
- If you have time to serve on a committee or help with a fundraising event, we have something for you. Your membership in OHCA can be as interactive as you want.
- If you want to gain more information about the breed or committees.
Benefits of OHCA Membership
- The Voice, a bi-monthly newsletter. Content ranges from health and historical information to rescue, conformation, performance events and much more.
- Email updates regarding significant club events and general information.
- Listing in the Breeder Referral List.
- Several opportunities to educate owners on activities and care for healthy Otterhounds.
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced OHCA members in ongoing projects and events.
- The opportunity to support veterinary health research.
- You are eligible to compete for OHCA Trophies & Awards (Olivia, ROM, ROMX, Versatility).
- A Breed Mentor (experienced breeder) to assist with Breeding questions.
- Access to the OtterNose – timely monthly Board meeting recap.
- Access to the Store and Pop-up Sales on Otterhound items.
- A special dog community – where you can develop friendships and long-lasting relationships with those that share your passion for Otterhounds.
- Access to the Groups.io (Communication platform and Club documents).
- Eligible to vote for Officers and Board members of the Club, judges for the National Specialty, and other issues affecting the Club.
- Legislative updates from AKC. We are a small club in the AKC and with a committed membership base we can be more influential in policies affecting our interests.
- OHCA was the leader in forming the first Reproduction Bank, now used as a template for other Clubs looking to form a Reproduction Bank.
- New members are invited to a New Member Orientation Zoom Meeting (Get to Know the Club).
- Access to the upcoming Members Only sections of the OHCA website & Otterhound University.
- Personal email invitation to the OtterTalks webcast program.
- Use of a special OHCA Member Emblem for your personal website (coming soon).